Understanding Glutathione’s Role in Cleansing the Body
Every day, our bodies are under siege. In America, stress levels are 20% higher than the global average. This stress taxes the body, damaging the mitochondria and reducing the body’s ability to cleanse the toxins that can lead to sickness and disease.
In addition to stress, environmental toxins are coming at us from everywhere – air pollutants, lead, mercury, PCBs, heavy metals, phthalates, synthetic chemicals, pesticides, and even the trans fats in our food. They are all further damaging the body’s ability to function optimally. And – add to the list the toxins we often willingly take on – alcohol, nicotine, excessive sun, and more!
Good health goes hand in hand with cleansing the body of toxins and creating a balance – homeostasis – for optimal health. The heavy toxin load on our body taxes the energy powerhouse mitochondria, causing energy depletion. It also lowers our body’s ability to balance free radicals – meaning damaging oxidative stress that can lead to accelerated aging, illness, and even diseases. The relationship between oxidative stress and disease can further be explored in the Glutathione Revolution.
Glutathione: The Ultimate “Cleaner”!
Don’t let those last few paragraphs get you down – the body produces its own “cleanser” to neutralize free radicals from toxins and facilitate excretion. It’s called Glutathione, and it’s waiting to do its job – in every cell of your body!
Glutathione is the body’s Master Antioxidant. Free radicals overload the cells, that leads to oxidative stress by negatively affecting the lipids, proteins, and even DNA replication. Glutathione protects the cells from free radicals by detoxifying the “bad” – creating balance in the cell and fending off oxidative stress.
Not only are toxins from the outside of the body but the inside as well. Glutathione plays a vital role in detoxifying reactive oxygen species (ROS). ROS is part of normal cellular function, and molecules are natural byproducts of various metabolic processes in the body. The body needs a certain level of ROS. Beyond that, it becomes harmful. Glutathione plays a significant role in neutralizing ROS, protecting against oxidative damage to cells.
How Does it Glutathione Cleanse the body?
Conjugation is when the Glutathione binds to harmful components and toxins before they’re eliminated. This powerful cleansing of toxins “kicks them out” of the body before they can poison the liver, lungs, intestines, and kidneys. The Glutathione attaches to the toxic molecules, then makes them water soluble so they can easily be flushed from the body. Cleaning at its finest!
Keeping Your Glutathione Levels High
While Glutathione is our naturally occurring cleansing superpower, WE have work to do because:
- Glutathione declines as we age.
- The more free radicals coming at us, the more Glutathione our body uses, and Glutathione levels drop.
With the prevalence of stress in our society, toxins in our environment, poor nutrition, and more – many people today have depleted levels of Glutathione.
You CAN work to increase your Glutathione levels to impact your health and immunity positively.
Dr. Nayan Patel has been studying Glutathione for over twenty years. In his book The Glutathione Revolution, he lays out plans to increase Glutathione levels with a multi-pronged approach:
- Diet – Glutathione-boosting foods that are fresh, organic, and have a good balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. Selenium-rich foods help boost Glutathione levels, too. Try beef, lean chicken, fish, organ meats, brown rice, brazil nuts, and cottage cheese.
- Exercise – Daily moderate exercise helps to boost Glutathione levels, not tax them. Fit walking into your day, every day.
- Supplementation – Dr. Patel developed the Auro GSH™ Antioxidant Delivery System, a patented, first-of-its-kind technology that optimizes antioxidant absorption and efficacy. All supplements are not created equal. Glutaryl is proven, with a recent pilot study finding that Glutaryl improves immune function.
- Lessen Stress – This can be as simple as learning the power of deep breathing techniques or making more time to read. Find something that works for you.
The cleansing power of Glutathione has a massive role in keeping you in tip-top shape! With Glutaryl, just four sprays, twice a day makes it easy.