How Glutathione Naturally Works to Detox Your Liver
Glutathione (GSH) is a Master Antioxidant, the most essential antioxidant in the human body, with an integral role in detoxing our systems and helping to prevent disease. This naturally occurring antioxidants #1 job is fighting oxidative stress. Oxidative stress occurs when there’s an imbalance between the production of and exposure to free radicals and the body’s ability to fight them off.
Glutathione is vital for detoxifying the body, immunity, and overall health, but high levels of toxins exhaust Glutathione quickly. This imbalance causes oxidative stress, which not quickens the aging process but oxidative stress can also be responsible for sickness in virtually any part of the body, and includes:
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Pulmonary disease
- Immune diseases (HIV, autoimmune disease)
- Cardiovascular diseases (hypertension, myocardial infarction, cholesterol oxidation)
- Chronic age-related diseases (cataracts, macular degeneration, hearing impairment, and glaucoma)
- Cystic fibrosis
And last but not least, Liver disease.
The Liver and Glutathione
The liver is the second-largest organ in the body with five major functions: filtration, digestion, metabolism and detoxification, protein synthesis, and storage of vitamins and minerals.
The liver is the body’s filter, and Glutathione has a massive role in helping the liver detoxify. Naturally, there is more Glutathione in the liver than in any other part of the body. GSH is vital for liver health.
Blood that leaves the stomach and intestines passes through the liver, then the blood is broken down, balanced, and “cleaned up,” and the liver creates nutrients from the blood. The amazing liver does this all on autopilot! This natural detoxification process eliminates poisons and toxins in the liver, lungs, intestines, and kidneys.
The detoxification and metabolism that happens in the liver have two phases, and GSH has a significant role in both:
- Phase 1: The liver breaks apart the harmful matter into small pieces. Free radicals generate, and Glutathione kicks into high gear to render those free radicals harmless.
- Phase 2: The liver joins the pieces of harmful matter and gets them ready for elimination. Glutathione plays a part in binding toxins, neutralizing them, and getting rid of them.
Because of GSH’s prominent role in this detoxification system, it is essential to build GSH levels to aid and ensure detoxification runs smoothly.
However, as we age, we have fewer Glutathione stores. Glutathione stores can also decrease due to poor nutrition and an overabundance of free radicals like environmental toxins and stress. The reduced ability may increase the toxic load and oxidative stress.
So, how do you increase your liver’s ability to get rid of waste and toxins with Glutathione?
Dr. Nayan Patel has studied Glutathione for nearly three decades and has developed two programs to increase glutathione stores that can significantly impact detoxification, liver health, and overall health.
The first is outlined in his book The Glutathione Revolution.
This 4-pronged approach is:
- The 14-day Glutathione eating plan: bolster the diet with wholesome foods nixing highly processed foods that stress the body, causing you to “use “ more Glutathione stores. This can help to jumpstart GSH levels.
- Add liver-nourishing foods and food extract supplements to your diet like artichokes, dandelion greens, and Brussel sprouts.
- Supplement with Glutathione: Dr. Patel’s Auro GSH™ is a patented sub-nano technology. It delivers antioxidants like Glutathione to the skin more potently than ever with Auro Wellness Glutaryl and Glutaryl+.
- Unplug and Reduce the exposure to technological devices. The EMF (electromagnetic fields) generate oxidative stress that depletes our Glutathione stores.
The second program is a Heavy Detox:
This is for those that have been exposed to heavy metals or something that has stressed their body with toxins. It involves a detox protocol with supportive supplements and additional methods like cryotherapy and sauna. This program is outlined in The Glutathione Revolution as well.
Glutathione is an amazing natural antioxidant, an integral component of liver health – and overall health and wellness. As studies¹ have shown, increasing Glutathione has shown to improve those with liver issues, like fatty liver disease. For optimal liver health, pay attention to how you are boosting and caring for your GSH levels!
¹Honda,Yasushi et al., 2017 (August), Efficacy of glutathione for the treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: an open-label, single-arm, multicenter, pilot study, BMC Gastroenterol, 17:96